Printing using the Mobibooth Cloud brings traditional photo booth strips to modern iPad based systems. This guide is meant to assist you in getting started quickly.
Before starting you are going to need a few pieces of equipment.
- An iPad Pro (any iPad running iOS 10 will work).
- A Mobibooth Cloud account (https://cloud.mobibooth.co) or you can use demo if you’re kicking the tires.
- The Mobiprint software (https://mobibooth.co/mobiprint).
- A wireless router or MiFi device.
- A Windows laptop or tablet running Windows 8/10 or higher (any old device will work).
Mobiprint Server for Windows
- Turn on power to your wireless router or MiFi device.
- Connect the iPad Pro to the wireless network (should automatically connect after initial setup).
- Connect the Windows device to the same wireless network (should automatically connect after initial setup).
- Start Mobiprint server application by double clicking on its icon. Once launched it should look something like the screenshot below.
- Click/tap the Start button located in the top right. If this is the first time running you should be prompted with a Windows Firewall exception dialog similar to the one below. Click the Allow access button.
- You should now see an IP address in the lower right corner as shown below.
- Select the printer that you would like to use from the top drop down list box.
Mobibooth Cloud for iOS App
Now that the Mobiprint server is running and ready to accept new connections it is time to connect Mobibooth Cloud for iOS. The following steps will assist you in doing this.
- Start the Mobibooth Cloud for iOS app by touching its icon on your iPad.
- Login to your account using the same email and password you set on the Mobibooth Cloud management site.
- Once logged in you’ll be presented with a list of your upcoming events as shown below.
- Tap the event you’d like to start. If it has printing enabled you will see the print server IP address entry field as shown below.
- Enter the IP address that is present on the Mobiprint server in the lower right.
- Once the IP address has been entered tap Connect.
- If you’ve entered a valid IP address and the print server is accessible you should be presented with a successfully connected message like shown below.
- Tap START PHOTO BOOTH. You’re now ready to run your print enabled photo booth event!
Error connecting to print server
1. Try disabling any 3rd party antivirus software.
2. If you are presented with an error message similar to the one picture below there are typically a couple issues that can cause it. Please follow the below steps to fix.
- Verify that the IP address entered is identical to the one present on the Mobiprint server. It is not uncommon accidentally enter an invalid IP address.
- Verify that both the iPad and Windows device are connected to the same wireless network.
- Disable the Windows Firewall and try steps 5 and 6 above.
- Ping the iPad’s IP address from the PC. You’ll find the iPad IP under Settings > General > Wi-Fi > <network name> info (blue i icon). To perform the actual ping please reference this guide.
- If none of this works please contact support.